This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you chose to use my links! Read more here.
If you’re like me (and pretty much everyone else), you’re always looking for easy ways to make some extra money. With my student loan grace period ending soon, I’ve been trying to make and save up as much money as I can. I’ve been searching online for some easy ways to make a little extra money and I have personally used all of these services and feel that I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn’t share them with you!
- De-clutter your house by selling books, CD’s, movies, and technology on Decluttr. You download their app and scan the items you want to get rid of. They give you their offer price and add the item to your cart. Once you’ve scanned everything or entered your technology information you complete your order. Deluttr will then send you what they call a welcome pack either in the mail or in an email. Within your welcome pack they include everything you need to know about how to ship your items. You pack your items in a box, in the box place the list of items included in the welcome pack and tape it shut. You attach the shipping label and drop it off at your nearest UPS store. The day after Decluttr receives your package you will receive your money. You can either have your payment direct deposited into your bank account or you can have it deposited into your PayPal account (the route I went).
I was hesitant at first to try Decluttr but I am so glad I did! I was offered $215 for my old MacBook Pro by Decluttr and if had I sold it back Apple I would have only received $107. You can’t beat that!
- Earn cash back on your online and some in-store shopping using eBates. (If you use my link, both you and I will receive money after you complete your first $25 purchase through eBates). You can shop using the eBates app on your phone or you can go through their website. There is also an extension you can install on your internet browser so that if you are online shopping and the company works with eBates your cash back offer will appear on your screen for you to activate. It does get annoying sometimes when that continually pops up, but it is extremely helpful. When it is time for eBates to send you your check you can either have a check sent to you in the mail or have it deposited into your Paypal account.
For years, I have seen commercials on TV about eBates but it always sounded like it was too good to be true. After seeing a commercial in August I decided that I’d give eBates a try and I am sure glad I did. Since August, I’ve earned $50 in Cash Back. One thing I will caution you to, is to not spend money just to get cash back which I found myself doing in the beginning.
- Use iBotta to earn cash back on certain items purchased from different grocery stores. When you first sign up for iBotta you receive a free $10 bonus after you redeem $10 worth of cashback within your first month. To earn cash back you select the store you will be shopping at and then browse through the items that have cash back being offered. After you select your items and have purchased them, you take photos of your receipt to include the store, date/time, and order amount (multiple photos if it’s a long receipt). Then, you are taken to a screen that shows all the offers you saved. You select the offers that you purchased and your account will be credited. They also have offers sometimes where you get cash back from purchasing any brand of an item or cashback for just submitting a receipt from a specific store. I know that’s probably all a little confusing, but after using that app it’ll all make sense.
- Use Shopkick and receive “kicks” for simply walking into certain stores, scanning the barcodes of required items, and/or for purchasing the scanned items. To receive ‘kicks’ for walking into the store, you must have the app open when you first walk in the doors. Once you receive a certain number of kicks you can redeem them for gift cards. There are currently 40 different offers you can redeem once you accumulate kicks. This has been a fun way to earn gift cards. I like to think of scanning items for a certain store as a scavenger hunt, I have to go all over the store to different departments to scan items and I don’t have to purchase them to earn kicks, which is nice when money is a little tight.
- Sell old clothes and items on Mercari – You can sell items that are just sitting around your house on Mercari. When you list your item you choose whether you want to pay for shipping through the app, you want the buyer to pay the shipping and you just print the shipping label, or you package the item yourself and take it to whomever you want to ship it and you handle the cost. I find it easier to handle the shipping through Mercari. Once the buyer receives the item and rates you as a seller, you then rate the buyer and the funds are direct deposited into your bank account. Mercari does take 10% of the selling price.
- Sell items on Poshmark – When I think of Poshmark, I think of selling strictly clothes, shoes, and purses. Unlike Mercari, where anything and everything is sold. When you sell an item on Poshmark, the buyer pays for shipping so all you have to do is pack up the item. print and attach the shipping label, and drop it at the post office. Poshmark does take 20% of the selling price. When you are ready to redeem your earnings, Poshmark direct deposits them into your bank account.
- Use DOSH to earn cash back at local restaurants and stores. After you download DOSH, you link your debit/credit cards and if you use one of those cards at a store that is partnered with DOSH, you automatically receive the cash back. There are also online stores you can shop at. When you are ready to redeem your money it is direct deposited into your bank account.
- Use drop to earn points for shopping online and in-stores. There are offers that are ongoing for everyone and then every so often drop will have offers you can activate. Once you reach 10,000 points you get a $10 gift card. You just link your cards to the app and whenever you spend money at the stores that have offers you automatically get points! Currently, two of the ongoing offers for everyone is Chipotle and Target (everyone’s favorite places)!!
- Achievement is an app that you link with your Apple Health app and recieve points for the steps you take, when you weigh yourself and log it in myfitnesspal, and when you track food with myfitnesspal. Once you reach 10,000 points you receive a $10 gift card! For me this was kind of a no brainer because I was already tracking these things before using this app so now I’m getting paid a little bit to do things I’m already doing. It may not be a lot of money and it may take awhile to earn but a little money is better than no money.
With the use of these apps, you are earning money doing things that you have already been and shopping at stores you probably already shop at!
Let me know what apps you use to make a little extra money!